Thermal oil plant
The thermooil plant has a great advantage for the use of the customer, but there are
also some important points to consider:
DIN 4754 Heat transfer with organic mediums
- When you want to build heat transfer plants with other liquid mediums than water
you must have particular experiences. Allowed to install / build the thermal oil plants
are only companies which have the necessary knowledges
- Apparatus which are heated with thermal oil (ex. evaporator, air heater,
counterflow apparatus ), have to be installed/ assembled / mounted ( ex. pipes welded in a
pipeplate ) that the thermal oil is not able to flow to the secondary product and
that the secondary product is not able to flow to the thermal oil. When there are some
products which have some corrosion characteristic features to the ebullator then you have
to do something against corrosion.
For Switzerland there is an additional: Technische Auskunft 1317 VKF
Our experiences shows us the following things:
- No threads, no nonferrous metal and no porose cast iron.
- Flange connects according to DIN 2633 min. nominal pressure PN 16, extensible screws 5.6
and graphit seals.
- The pipes should be connected with weldings if possible.
- Valves min.PN 16, steel or spheroidal graphite cast iron, with bellows and safety
- There are strong extensions in the pipelines- attention about the pumps and apparatus.
- Hydraulic pressure test of the whole plant with compressed air 1,5 to 2 bar (no
water), all connections have to be tested with leak indicator or soap for searching some
leaks. Make sure that there is no water in the pipelines.
- All machine suppliers must also take care about the technical requirements.
- Each machine with a pressure drop of 3 to 5 meters at a temperature difference of
normally 30K. It must have enough flowspeed. Don`t use double casing or you have to do
some special constructions. We consult machine suppliers.
- You have to pay attention to the chosen thermal oil, sythetic thermal oil and the
requierements by dimensioning the thermal oil plant.
We are always ready to help you to dimension and/ or find out which requirements must
be observed. Please contact us early for a free consultation.
Mail: Regiomat AG - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gewerbestrasse 6, CH-4105 Biel-Benken / Switzerland